[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Bleach and red algae; SAE

> Paul said...
> >I've been harping that y'all should not tolerate red algae
> >or any other kind of hair algae, and that you can get rid of it forever with
> >5% bleach.
> >---------------------------

I tried using bleach on some of the worst affected plants. Although the
algae is easily killed and none of the plants seem to be hurt, the
algae comes back in a week or so. I guess I will have to up root all of
the plants and treat all of them. I probably also have to empty the tank
and bleach everything, including the filter and start all over to be sure
to get rid of all the red algae spores. This sounds like a drastic way to
solve the problem. Any comments?

 John Y. Ching (jyching at watnow_uwaterloo.ca)    |
 Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Lab	|
 Department of Systems Design Engineering      	|
 University of Waterloo, Canada            	|