[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Trimming H. corymbosa

> From: "John Y. Ching" <jyching at watnow_uwaterloo.ca>
>
> Anyway, I read the article by Erik about pruning various plants from the
> Krib WWW site, and he said that cutting the stems of H. corymbosa always
> caused significant trauma to both parent and "offspring" plants. Has
> anyone else had similar problem?

Nope, we hack ours apart every two weeks and have not noticed a
problem. This is in a 100g discus tank (83 F).

> What's the best way to take cuttings from corymbosa without
> interrupting its growth too much? What's the best length of the
> cutting, and where should I make the cut: at a leaf node, just below
> or above a node, etc? Thanks.

We cut off the top 6" just below a leaf node and replant the top.
Remove any leaves that would be below the gravel surface to prevent
rot. New roots should grow from the old leaf nodes.

George