[Prev][Next][Index]

How to prun Hygrophila corymbosa?

Despite my algae problem, some of the plants in my 6-week old tank are
doing quite well, the six stems of H. corymbosa I bought in the first
week of the tank has grown out of the water and are in danger of being
burned by the lights. They were only 10 inches tall when I got them and in
six weeks they outgrew my 24" tall tank!

Anyway, I read the article by Erik about pruning various plants from the
Krib WWW site, and he said that cutting the stems of H. corymbosa always
caused significant trauma to both parent and "offspring" plants. Has
anyone else had similar problem? What's the best way to take cuttings
from corymbosa without interrupting its growth too much? What's the
best length of the cutting, and where should I make the cut: at a leaf
node, just below or above a node, etc? Thanks.

 John Y. Ching (jyching at watnow_uwaterloo.ca)    |
 Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Lab	|
 Department of Systems Design Engineering      	|
 University of Waterloo, Canada            	|