[Prev][Next][Index]

re:snails

>I have a lot of snails and I'm wondering if they're good or bad for plants.
>There are two kinds:  ones that are kinda brown upto about a cm in length and
>the shell is a spiral, cone shape.  These look like pretty ordinary type
snails
>and don't reproduce as often as the other ones.  They are small, 1mm -3mm in
>size, semi-transparent shells in a spiral, disk shape.

The first type of snails you describe sound like pond snails.  I've seen these
munch on plants, and I think they are destructive and a nuisance.

The second type of snails you mention sound somewhat like limpets.  I don't
know much about these, so I won't offer any information.

Hopefully, someone else will be able to more accurately identify your snails.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)		MSGID:		DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)			Internet:	dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)		Text Pager:	pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David
Webb