[Prev][Next][Index]

re: more CO2 questions

>From: mleather at tbdmil_com
>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 95 08:40:33 -0600
>Subject: more CO2 questions

>Now what is DIY reactor?  Cannot I just bubble the CO2 through an air stone
or is that really ineffecient?

Do-It-Yourself reactor, use to mix CO2 to water at higher efficiency. Air stone
is enough if you do not mind wasting your expensive CO2. I found air stone is
also not enough for my yeast CO2. After 5 days, it totally stop as not enough
preassure to push it through the air stone. I'm now experimenting with various
DIY reactor. I found one very efficient but also bulky, unsightly and too much
CO2 absorbed to my (and fish) liking.

>  Also what about the comercial CO2 systems
>like Tetra makes, are they any good or just plain unbelievably expensive?

As you said, plain unbelievable expensive. $300 according to a r.a poster.

>Then in another article George mentioned his WWW page.  What is the address
>that I can pull it up on George?

Try http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Plants/People/Booth/

rgds..kbkoh