[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Alternative source of CO2

What with all the stories exploding fermenter bottles and rocketing CO2
tanks, you may want to consider another CO2 source---yourself.  You breathe
out two or three percent CO2 all the time, and it can be collected and
bubbled into the tank with an airstone.   I breathe into a plastic garbage
bag, and then pump the air into my plant tanks every other day.  The pH
typically goes down to 6.5 to 6.7.  One bag does 3 fifteen gallon tanks.
The CO2 is free, and you can't overdose your tanks, at least, I have never
seen any ill effects on livebearers and zebrafish.

Think about it!

Paul Krombholz