[Prev][Next][Index]

Blue-greens

Don't have the bandwidth to fish through the digest for the article, but
someone posted Blue-Green algae is an indicator of low light.  As George
noted, this is very untrue.  I mentioned in the last week that I am
experiencing a small b/g outbreak, but only in two places: the area of
the tank getting direct sun all day & not subject to the "Behle/Dennerle"
tricky midday storm dark period, and in the inside of my overflow siphon
which is right next to the light.

Now, one thing I have noticed is that blue-greens appear different under
different light conditions.  In very low light, they take on a dark, very
bluish hue, while in the high-light tank they have an almost kelly-green
look.

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					olson at phys_washington.edu
Not at home, probably at work (Wo-hoo!)