[Prev][Next][Index]

Possible fertilizer? (chelated Fe w/ minerals)

Beth Groeber SAID:
>I'm looking for a good substitute for the expensive
>fertilizers such as Ferrovit and Tetra brands. I've found a
>product that is chelated Fe plus other minerals and contains
>no N as nitrates, ites, or ammoniums and no phosphates.
>
>Its label reads as follows:
>Mg    0.50% (chelated)   Mn  0.25% (chelated)
>Sulfur     3.90% (combined) Zn  0.50% (chelated)
>Boron     0.02%   Cu  0.25% (chelated)
>Fe        6.00% (chelated)
>
>Secondary and trace minerals derived from sulfonates of
>these, and the chelating agent is lignin sulfonate.
>
>Could i use this product safely?  I have considered
>ordering Dupla from Pet Warehouse, but it seems there
>should be a cheaper out there to these expensive products.
>
>Beth
Beth,
I'm no expert on Aquatic Plant Food, but I do know something
about it.  Based on the ingredients, the above plant food sounds
fine.  I personally use Kent Plant Food, which I works well, and is
not to expensive.  I think Pet Warehouse may have it, but I know
"That Fish Place" mail order has it.  It is about $8 for a 16 oz bottle.
Use 1-2 teaspoons per 30 gallons.  This same bottle is more like
$7-8 for an 8 oz. in the stores, but this varies.  I found a store that
sold a 16oz. for $10.  This store is in Metro-Boston, MA.

In general, I am not very impressed with Tetra products.  They tend
to be expensive, and only mediocre quality.  However, I do use
some of their products.

(NOTE:  I am NOT affiliated with any aquatic/fish products company).

--Jayme
"Heaven  = Fish + Magic (more than a card game) + Music + Shopping + Cars"
jayme_donnelly at percussion_com