[Prev][Next][Index]

Coppersafe and Java Fern

I had an outbreak of ich in my tank which I treated with
Coppersafe...unfortunately.  Since that time (about 3 months ago) my Java
Fern seems to have gone dormant....all the new shoots stopped growing, and
the leaves seem to be slowly darkening with algae.  Before the copper
treatment, it seemed very healthy, growing rapidly.

Is the Java Fern dead?  I'm relatively new to the plant business, and I would
have thought that if it was dead, it should rapidly shed a pile of decaying
leaves (which it hasn't done.)  If it is dormant...how can I revive it?  The
copper should be long gone via water changes and carbon by now.

Thanks....

PC.