[Prev][Next][Index]

re:Suspended Particles

>My plant tank substrate is composed of natural dirt and rocks (fresh off the
>mountain).   I'm having a problem with tiny suspended dirt particles
>drifting around and landing on my plants.  Besides being unsightly I don't
>think it helps the plants out.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of it.  I
>have a large Aqua-Clear as the filter.  I jammed some filter-floss infront
>of the pump so it would suck up some of the dirt instead of clogging the
>filters.
>
>Any ideas?

I had a similar problem once.  I added some blue-white filter pad under the
sponge on my aquaclear and it cleared up rather quickly.  I had to clean the
pad frequently though.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)		MSGID:		DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)			Internet:	dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)		Text Pager:	pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David
Webb