[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 & light intensity and bad fish

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com at SMTPGATE
Date: 7/7/95 3:39PM
*To: Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com at SMTPGATE
Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #169
>From: "shaji (s.) bhaskar" <bhaskar at bnr_ca>
>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 05:23:00 -0400
>Subject: Lighting for 55G

>lights you can.  If you don't have CO2, Vitalites are probably fine.

Shaji, are you saying that if one have low light, one should not add
CO2? I have a concern because I plan to add CO2 very soon. I have 50gal
36"x18"x18" tank with 40W Triton, 20W Aquari-lux and 20W Phillips Super
Daylight. Now, is it OK for me to add CO2?

>From: Kevin Conlin <kcconlin at balzac_cae.ca>
>Date: Fri, 07 Jul 1995 09:46:00 -0400
>Subject: Re: Plants for Goldfish Aquarium

>I'd recommend crypts, Anubias, Java fern, and Java moss, but not Hornwort,
>which is a prefered food of my gouramis and which may be palatable to
>goldfish as well.  My extremely herbivorous Abramites hypselonotus,
>banned from the 135g display tank for grazing the plants to the gravel,
>takes one or two bites out of each crypt leaf and then leaves the plant

Should we have a list of fish not recommended for plant tank in the plant
FAQ? I've just recovered from nightmare with Clown Loaches. We could also
add list of plants that can withstand those fishes.

Thanks in advance.

rgds..kbkoh