[Prev][Next][Index]

Temperature in planted discus tank

> From: u7211aa at sunmail_lrz-muenchen.de (Michael Irlbeck)
>
> I noticed your lights are only turned on for 9h/d. Are you seeing algae
> problems with longer lighting periods?

We used to have them on for 10-11 hours but had a little too much
algae.  Nine appears just about right for our setup.  Your results
may vary, of course.

> When you exposed the plants to the higher temperature, did you do so
> rapidly, or more stepwise to give them time to adjust?

They've been in there quite a while.  Some plants take time to adapt
to warmer temps, some don't.  Some never do.  It seems there was
one or two plants which never did well, but I can't remember which
ones.

George