[Prev][Next][Index]

re:RFD: rec.aquaria reorganization

For those of you who haven't been following the discussion on news.groups, we
have at least one person out there who doesn't think there's enough of a need
for a plants newsgroup.  He doesn't see much plant volume on rec.aquaria
anymore and hasn't been around long enough to know how much there can be.

We also have more than one opponent of the entire idea of the split.  Most of
these opponents want to hold rec.aquaria ransom in exchange for the deletion of
sci.aquaria.

Please, when the CFV (Call For Votes) is issued in a few weeks (at the soonest),
 send in your vote in favor of each of the proposed splits.

If the net.aquarists don't get out and support net.aquaria, we'll get run over
by a bunch of people with nothing better to do than nurse old grudges that most
of us had nothing to do with.

I'll step down from the soapbox now.

My tank drain plans...

I'm finally implementing my automatic gravel vacuum plans.  I'll put up a post
on how effective it is once I get it in place and running for a while.  The
only system in my big plans that I'm not doing on this tank is the substrate
circulation system.  This tank's not a plant tank, so it shouldn't need it.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)		MSGID:		DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)			Internet:	dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)		Text Pager:	pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David
Webb