[Prev][Next][Index]

Laterite Plugs & Home Made Laterite(?)

Greetings!

For a couple of years I was using Laterite plugs (Aquarium
Products, I believe) with what I considered great sucess.  Since
they are no longer available, I'm wondering what everyone out
there is using to feed the roots of aquarium plants.

One a slightly different tack, the earth in this part of the
country contains a lot of red clay.  I'm wondering how (much)
this differs from Laterite and if it would be benificial to my
plants.  Thinking about making up some slurries and trying to
dry them in some kind of tubes.  Could then saw the dried out
clay to form plugs.  Comments/Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ron Belliveau                  "I have fishes, therefore,
fishman at cybernetics_net                  I am!"