[Prev][Next][Index]

FISHROOM meeting report

Well, the meeting wasn't a thundering success and we weren't overrun
by participants.  But I was very lucky to spend about an hour chatting
with Liisa (of SAE fame) and Claus (the Man from Tropica) about algae
and stuff.  So, I would qualify the meeting as a preliminary success
with tremendous potential.  I assume the low turnout was due to the
short notice and probably poor scheduling...at least for the
Americans.  So, I would like to take a few days asking people to
suggest times when they might be interested in a real time meeting
with other aquatic aquarists, and to encourage people to check out the
FISHROOM on there own.  It's very easy, just telnet to
kplace.monrou.com 1025 (199.89.234.17) and follow the online
instructions.  To get started try typing "commands" or "faq" and to
find out who is there and what room they are in, type "who".  Please
let me know if you are interested in this facility and we will
schedule another meeting in a week or so.

Hope to see you in the FISHROOM.

David Wheeler
dwheeler at leland_Stanford.EDU