[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Java Fern reproduction

>I was cleaning out my tank yesterday, when I noticed that some of the roots
of my Java Ferns are sprouting little new java fernlets.  Not the
rhizome, but the little hairy roots coming out of the rhizome.  I've
never seen this happen before.  Is this common?  What's happening here?
I figure it's gotta be different than the plants that develop directly on
the leaves, but maybe it isn't.<

I have some Java fern in my 5.5 gallon micro tank that are spawning plantlets
from the roots.  The water is only 3" deep, and some of the roots with fernlets
are actually above the water line.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)		MSGID:		DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)			Internet:	dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)		Text Pager:	pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David
Webb