[Prev][Next][Index]

Cryptocorne replanting

> From: "David Huie" <David.Huie at Bentley_COM>
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 95 13:11:19 EST
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #122
>
>      Joanne Stevens:
Actually, it's Stevenson-Barry but that's too long for an internet address!

>      What variety of cryptocoryne did you transplant?  How well did it
>      reacclimate?  How different were the water conditions?  How many
>      leaves did it have(size of plant)?
>
>      I just transplanted a few very large c. wendtii (40+ leaves, 11" tall)
>      from the front of the tank to the back and I trimmed the roots like
>      you are supposed to--I just wondered whether cryptcoryne rot was
>      likely to set in because of the shock to the plant.
>
>      Dave.

Nobody ever told me to trim the roots so I didn't!  I can't remember what
the original plants looked like when I got them from That Fish Place about
2 years ago (I was a total novice then!).  I just stuck them in some gravel
in a terracotta pot with a dupla laterite ball in each pot.  i had a UGF
& I musta done something right cause they grew like crazy!

It's funny though, cause I didn't notice the growth until this year & I
thought back to what puny little things they were.  The ones I have separated
& replanted I can't tell how well they're doing since I look at the tank
too often to see a difference.  They don't have much of the dupla balls
left so I think I'll add more.

I sent a bunch of plants to some people on the Aquarium list who I think
are now on this list - maybe they can comment regarding melthing or not.
Last I heard was that all plants were looking great.

I can't say I've noticed crypt rot/melt myself.

Joanne.