[Prev][Next][Index]

java fern blotches?

    I've got a whole buncha java ferns in a small tank.  Some of the larger
    ones have big maroon-brown blotches on them.  Sorta' look like dead
    spots, but they've been there for a while.  These blotches seem to be
    on only the bigger, three-lobed leaves.  Some other single-lobe leaves
    have a fine brown speckling over their entire surface, looking kinda'
    like an old piece of fruit.  Still other larger leaves, and all of the
    smaller plants, are a uniform vivid green.  Should I worry about the
    speckles and blotches?  Dispose of those particular leaves?  Are these
    diseases, natural coloring, or just "age spots"?

    Thanks.  -- Keith

    | Keith Brummett            Ofc: 614-860-3187         AT&T, Room 3B202 |
    | w.k.brummett at att_com      Fax: 614-868-4106        6200 E. Broad St. |
    | wbrummett at attmail_com         R,DW,HAHB!          Columbus, OH 43213 |