[Prev][Next][Index]

fertilizer ball

Steve Black wrote:
> As someone who wants to do things right but who's always ready to save
> a buck, I'm wondering whether it would work to buy plain undyed modeling
> clay and some ferric sulfate, mix the ferric sulfate in the clay, form
> it into little balls, let it dry, then plug them into the substrate?
>    What do you all thing (I mean think)?

I have read, in a local magazine, that some people had been using flour to
make "Initial-D" balls before Tetra sold the "Initial Sticks".  It worked.
They dried up the balls and stocked for occasional use.

I have no idea whether flour is cheaper than the "plain undyed modeling clay".
But, I would steal some flour from the kitchen. :-)

my $.02
-Shinji
egi at kobe_hp.com