[Prev][Next][Index]

fw: Disinfecting plant tanks

---forwarded-message---->
From: KB Koh <KB_Koh at ccm_ipn.intel.com>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
cc: booth at hpmtlgb_lvld.hp.com
Subject: Disinfecting plant tank

Hi aqua-gurus,

I need help. I has just setup my 50 gal plant tank for two days and add
4 black mollies (2 lyretail and 2 rounded tail type -- not sure what to
call it). The first day they seem happy to swim around, then one
lyretail develop some white fungus like patch on the body. I remove it
and put in another container. On day two, the other lyretail develop
white fungus on gill and I remove it. The other two mollies are now
swimming fast and breathing on the surface most of the time. The first
molly now has develop what I believe as parasite and the fins are
rotting.

Now my question: Can I disinfect/treat the tank with all the plants in
it? What sort of medication is recommended for disinfection and curing
the tank and fish?

I have a Triton, a Penn-plax Aquari-lux and a Philip super daylight
bulbs for the lighting. PH is between 6.5 to 7.0, No nitrite and nitrate
yet. Ammonia is about 0.1mg/l. Tested using Tetra Laborette. No water
hardness test kit yet. Thank you.

rgds..kbkoh