[Prev][Next][Index]

use of epoxy resin for heating cables

Just an idea I'd like to try when I get around to my own heating cabled
tank.  To waterproof the soldered joint between the wire wrap wire and the
cable to the transformer I'd like to try heat shrink tubing and epoxy.
Slip the heat shrink on, make the solder joint, heat one end of the shrink
tubing, pour in the epoxy but not all the way to fill the tube, wait for it
to set and then shrink the whole thing.  It should produce a very water
proof seal.  You might (probably) have to clamp the heat shrink tubing at
the initial end before making the pour.

mark

Mark Stephens                        |   In constraint,
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center   |   is
code 522, Greenbelt MD  20771        |   freedom.