[APD] Plant problems...

I've have several of those over the past few years.  In my limited experience val needs the least light of all of those-and it is darn hard to kill.   I suspect you need a lot more light.  Several of those are considered moderate-to-high light plants.
The least expensive option might be a 4' @shop lite with T8 daylight lamps in it.   Add a grounded (3-wire) plug-in timer and run it 8-12 hours daily.   I wouldn't add a lot of supplements or fertilizers until you can keep the plants alive.    More plants are killed by too many ferts than not enough.   I probably would add some inexpensive/durable livestock like red cherry shrimp, guppies or Endlers.   Red Cherry shrimp would be quite happy in that water.
Some plants that have done well for me in low-to-moderate light are:  Java Moss, Najas (guppy) Grass, Narrow leaf Java fern, various anubias and of course Vals.
--Don

-Electronics Tech

-Amateur Radio ND8B

-kj5kb_at_hotmail.com