[APD] LED Lights

Hello all and Happy New Year.  I am presently reviewing my light systems for
my two heavily planted fish tanks.  I presently use Coralife T5 HO strip
fixtures for a 2 - 3 watt/gallon environment.  This has worked well for me
for many years.   Except it seems the fixtures fail too often.   Seems the
transformers just don't last very long.  So with LED technology around these
days; I was wondering if it is a viable choice for the keeping of plants.
Does anybody have any thoughts and/or suggestions on LED lights for keeping
a healthy planted tank.  Does anybody use LED systems? They seem so
expensive also.

    Richard Wickboldt