Re: [APD] Miracle.

I'm in agreement with Jamie.  I never got into high tech / high
maintenance, but I did spend a lot of time testing my water for all kinds
of nutrients and making frequent minor adjustments.  After a while I
realized that was a waste of time, and except for an occasional shot of
KNO3 in a new tank, I just add fish food.

My periodic maintenance also consists of wiping the front glass and tossing
lots of excess plants.  The latter saddens me a bit, when I think back to
how hard it used to be for me to make anything grow.

An excellent book about the low maintenance approach to keeping planted
aquaria is Diane Walstad's "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium."

Good luck, Rich!

Bill