[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 97, Issue 2
- To: "aquatic-plants at actwin_com" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 97, Issue 2
- From: Charles <darterguy at yahoo_com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:15:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1333469760; bh=QGeIVyyssnOiH6eWO+dx+W2Di+cc4IIkereiePBbXvQ=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=2qkAYqAUVzfs8IsiVwxWyiHUYpN4BXE85lvLZ5hZSaE1pe0UWz+zaK/211CPLvSToUBSgGsHbgzWDLNfiPVmvf2g5vM0dQt97m2muJABzdkedmMXKXqT+Qx716sh8lKD4E7nE0HFYtL/IBhsorLgs9OeklN8hqJOZqiCMMjgX4o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Z1il8XOjPEjyF4z9RomDQrZM6Xw91FDZRxu1jlEqjnSSQy1tUdm429hQOpXd2kcwJ3lfTapGQVXQVC5uDXcNEt9dWn/LDUPmSYiaX6XI9ZrQ8lrtYXwbrICb9EQqvZpGYAkv99kyhX8E8rG6YDHSHVqrgQctV9hYbrBuUvIvLnk=;
- In-reply-to: <mailman_3.1333468803.23069.aquatic-plants at actwin.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants.actwin.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo/aquatic-plants>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.actwin.com/mailman/options/aquatic-plants>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <mailman_3.1333468803.23069.aquatic-plants at actwin.com>
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM, <RMGTBTS at aol_com> wrote:
> lets see
> Shrimp--- I believe the female carry her eggs under her tail section and
> the young will hatch and stay there for a period of time. ?doubt if you saw
> any shrimp eggs.
Yes you are right, I saw the eggs in the stomach. I'm seeing the young
ones now. :)
> Snails. ?Sounds as if you got some common pond stails in on ?a plant and
> now you have lots of them.
> Not much that will kill a snail that is not harmful to the shrimp.
> Whenever i see one i just squash it and the fish eat the meat.
True, I asked for few snails from the seller. I had three now there
are probably 100.
when ever I get an opportunity I'm taking them out. So they eat plants?
> Didn't see what you put in the tanks to produce NITROGEN (N). ?Fish ?waste
> is mostly ammonia (NH4) which the plants will greedily suck up to satisfy
> their needs.
> No N -- No healthy plants.
I never got a suggestion for N so far. All I'm using is a ADA's
BIO-RIO in the filter.
I hope the bacteria should break amonia into N. Guide me with pointers on this.
Assassin Snails will eat common pond snails and NOT harm the plants OR shrimp !
Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com