[APD] new CO2 system-needle valves

IMHO and this is based on actual events, a needle valve that came with the
Milwaukee system (regulator solenoid needle valve package) worked fine for
over  3 years. Then, after a tank refill, was set as usual, normal 2 bubble
per  second, and fuctioned for 3 months with no problem. One day, i came
downstairs  and found almost alll my fish DEAD and the gas going full bore. The
tank  was fine in the morning when the timer activated the lights and the
gas.   Three hours later dead fish. I was able to save 3 discus, moved to a
another  tank and held in front of the filter out flow and two rummy nose
(our ot 25)  made it on their own: all corys and bristle nose died.

When i was providing plants to Wilma Duncan for her charity, i was running
360 gallons of CO2 injected heavily planted tanks.  That's 4 CO2 systems
for 6 years.

I had this happen once before (not on a discus tank) but  attributed it to
operator (ME) malfuction.

 Not this time.

sorry, Bill, but the needle valve failed.

rich green
milton ma