To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] New CO2 system

Since i have been running a discus tank (as well as 3 other tanks) with cannister CO2 i will only comment on a couple of things.

Needle valves are not fool proof. They have been known to :"slip" opening up to allow dangerous levels of gas into the tank. i have had them perform for 3-4 years and suddenly fail. I believe that a device sold to monitor the pH and shut the system down when there is a drastic drop which occurs when there is a massive CO2 flow would be worth the expense. I have heard that the leads are an issue and need replacement. Someone pitch in here.

Regardless, i personally would not put a cannister set up on my discus tank again without this safegaurd. The investment in the fish warrants the additional expense.

I am currently using a liquid CO2 supplement in the discus tank and am having reasonable success.
rich green
Milton MA