Re: [APD] LED lighting

On 11/13/2010 10:12 AM, Eliza McCroskey User wrote:
I¹ve become dissatisfied with my fluorescent lighting and I¹m intrigued by
LED¹s. They are becoming more prominent in my industry (Theatre), and I
wonder if anyone here has used them.

I haven't used them in an aquarium setting. Some of the newest, bleeding-edge Cree LED emitters are over 150 lumens per watt. I don't know how good for plants they are, but getting 15,000 lumens out of 100W isn't bad. If you are comfortable with a little DIY electronics, your could make an LED array for relatively cheap.