Re: [APD] Algae Horror

On 13/10/2010 04:28, Harry Martin wrote:
Been gone for over a month on a business trip.

I returned home to one of my biggest nightmares. Family let me down on
the water changes. Algae had attacked the entire tank and killed off my
prized plant, the Madagascar Lace (same one I've been yakking about on
this list). I removed the dead leaves and other handfuls of algae and
performed a water change. Contemplating shutting down the tank and
shooting myself.

Algae blooms when ammonia is present. Did any of your fish die, get overfed or did the filter become blocked when you were away perhaps?

Just simply not doing water changes for a mere month shouldn't cause a algae bloom surely?

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/