Re: [APD] Potted plants substrate

On 02/10/2010 19:15, Aernie Burns wrote:
Hello,

I picked up a 125 a month back and am going to keep some 'jurupari'
cichlids; most likely S. leucosticta. I want to plant the tank as well, and
plan to put in some java fern and perhaps bolbitis. I also would like to
keep some aponogetons and anubias. I was thinking I would plant them in pots
and bury the pot with some rocks around it to keep the eartheaters from
digging up the substrate in the pots.

My question is what would be good in the pots to encourage the best growth
from the apons and anubias?

I always use John Innes #3 potting soil and a layer of gravel on top it's worked for years.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/