[APD] Water lilies indoors

Not 100% sure on nymphoides, but I have grown several water lilies indoors in aquariums.  Substrate used is about a 2" layer of kitty litter or aquatic plant soil mixed with peat moss and sand, with a top layer of mostly sand and small gravel.  I have had one tropical lily, I believe it was a Director George T Moore, in a 20H tank on the kitchen counter with a CF 20W bulb in a clamp-light hanging above the open top which bloomed and grew well as long as I kept fertilizing it.  These lilies may need additional fertilizer, even in Walstad-type tanks because they are such heavy feeders.  I tore this tank down after neglecting it for a long time and set it out on the front porch, where it gets several hours of direct sun, and this water lily is still growing and even blooming some.

I threw a couple of small banan plant-looking plantlets in my 55 this year.  I found them when I repotted water lilies iin my outdoor temporary pond.  They have started to send leaves to the surface once I added duckweed to the tank to help control algae.  Not sure what they are, but I do plan to shove some fert tabs or sticks right under them to help them out and see what they do.  That tank has a JEBO fixture with two 55W flo running 8 hrs/day with a bit of ambient light from the front door side light about 6 feet away.

Nick A

"You know what I wish?  I wish all the scum of the earth had but a single throat, and I had my hands about it."  Rorschach, 1975

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." Bill Vaughan

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato