What I would do when I wanted to catch a bunch all at once was feed them some of their favorite food - mine went nuts for Hikari Crab Cuisine - give it about 5-10mins and there would be a clump on / around the pellets. Then using the smallest net I could find (I had a 2"x3" one), I could scoop up about 10-20 at a time.
Vic

On 9/25/2010 12:00 PM, aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:55:21 EDT
From:Caddy579 at aol_com
Subject: Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 79, Issue 2
To:aquatic-plants at actwin_com

I have cherry shrimp in a heavily planted tank, they've been  reproducing
and I want to establish a satellite colony in a planted 5 gallon  tank, but
they are very hard to catch. If I put a net in the tank, is there  anything
that might attract them into the net?

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly  Cast---Oscar Wilde