Re: [APD] HR 669

On quick glance I don't see where this would outright ban tropical
fish and other pets?  What I took from it is that it would provide
risk assessment to determine if a species has potential to cause harm
and based on that would ban some species.  There are quite a few
species that were imported for the pet trade that have become
established invasives in the United States and have greatly impacted
the environment and economy.

I noticed that the bill's sponser is from Guam.  I don't think the
Brown Tree Snake was imported as a pet or intentionally imported for
any reason.

I think this is my first post to the list, I've been lurking for over
a year now.  I've kept fish for over 20 years and just got back into
it after about 10 years off.

Bryan