uh, NO.

Natural Selection is the just about the most powerful force in the
world.  Phages and bacteria are constantly testing each each other and
the fittest live.  The phage you propose to be able to buy would work
initially, but eventually wouldn't and you'd need another specific
phage.  Plus, there are an almost infinite number of bacterial species
and phages are pretty species specific.

BS in Biochemistry 1981,  PHD in Genetics 1986.  Using little
bacterial slaves to do my bidding everyday at work.

On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:00 AM, aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com wrote:

> Imagine just buying a capsule of this virus and dropping it into the
> tank so
> it only kills the bacteria you don't want. It also can't make the
> bacteria
> resistant like antibiotics.

cheers,
John F. Hess, Davis California   johnfhess at comcast_net