Re: [APD] Getting shot of Nitrate Xperiment

I believe Robert T. Ricketts wrote this email section below:
> Stuart Holliday wrote on "Easy Balance" by Tetra, its formulation, and an
> experimental run using one of the monosaccharides from the sucrose in that
> product.
>
> Did you see this thread:
>
> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-168546.html

Err yes that's the very thread I mentioned in my posting?

> Really interesting stuff there Stuart, do you plan any further testing?

Yes, I've now got a fishless ammonia fed tank fully cycled with no nitrate
in it...

I'm continuing to add ammonia everyday to see if the nitrate stays down.

I think this could be an interesting twist on the fishless cycling method
for people with no plants in them.

If so I reserve to give it a name. ;-)))

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/