Re: [APD] uptake of nutrients, day night cycles

I believe Diana Berberich wrote this email section below:
> Hello Folks:
>
> We know something about the uptake of gases like CO2 and oxygen. What I
> wanted to know about were things like nitrogen, potassium, phosphate,
> iron, manganese, etc..  I am guessing that some of these are taken up by
> the plants during specific parts of the day/night cycle and best utilized
> when taking up CO2 or oxygen.  Does anyone know where I can learn more
> about this?  Or, where I can read something that a nonchemist like me
> could understand sufficiently to use the information to my advantage.
>
> Thanks, Diana

Have you read Diana Walstads' book?

ECOLOGY of the PLANTED AQUARIUM - A Practical Manual and Scientific Treatise
for the Home Aquarist.

I've not got a copy to hand today. But I think it covers these topics.

See
http://theaquariumwiki.com/Walstad

Perhaps try Googles' book search?
http://books.google.co.uk/

It's a very fine book. Essential for the serious aquarium keeper.

A link to some of Dianas' articles on plant growth are on the bottom of that
AWE article.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/