Re: [APD] Killing BGA

At 12:13 PM 11/11/2008 +0000, you wrote:
>I believe Titus Mathews wrote this email section below:
>
>> I suspect the black slime Diana was combatting is likely some form of
>> BGA, and so would recommend the above procedure to her as well.
>
>I've used Hydrogen peroxide in the past to do spot treatment.

It works, but just. And I killed a lot of things doing this. A LOT.

>I've heard of people using antibiotics.

Very bad idea. It's such a bad idea they're making laws against it now.

What is this "help I have algae!" week?

Flourish excel. Kills all algae, all the time.

Proper fertilization helps immensly. But adding co2 or excel or both
with the appropriate fertilizers and you'll never see algae again.