Re: [APD] uptake of nutrients, day vs night

I believe Robert T. Ricketts wrote this email section below:

> When I ran DIY fermentations, I spliced a plastic (not metal) T-valve in
> line after the fermentor vessel.  If I wanted flow to the tank, the T-valve
> was closed.  If I wanted to vent to air rather than send CO2 to the tank,
> just open the valve.   Inexpensive metal airline valves are  not suitable
> for DIY CO2 - they corrode quickly.

Interesting. Never seen a metal airline valve in my Country. In Scotland
they're all plastic.

I suppose I could fit a 2 way plastic valve and open the spare one instead
of popping off the tube from the canister.

In my Walstad tank I don't need to add CO2 really (not even with hours of
aeration). The CO2 indicator is always green.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/