Re: [APD] uptake of nutrients, day vs night

I believe Chris Page wrote this email section below:
> what is your co2 at whats the ppm? I know that the photo period is opposite
> what it is during the day so the plants take up oxygen and release CO2 at
> night and day time the take up CO2 and release O2..
>
> Have you thought about turning of the co2 at night. I know you said its a
> yeast based system so is it DIY or one of the commericial products if so
> which one.

Does it matter?

I run a yeast based system, I simply remove the tube from the bottle at
night and put it back in when I get up. :-)

I think the question Diana asked was, do plants take in nutrients during the
night?

If respiration releases energy day and night then it must be used for
something. I suggest it's used to build more plant and therefore must be
taking in nutrients?

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/