[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I am still working on the slime issue. I re-arranged my filters and UV sterilizer for my personal convenience. But in the process I discovered that the outflow spray bar and hoses were lined with a thick black substance that came out in chunks and had a rubbery feeling to it. It was black and very dark green. It was about the thickness of a a soft cover book paper.
I have yeast reactors for CO2, and have been adding nitrates. I went to the website suggested to me and am trying to follow that suggestion about the nitrates. I got my nutrient nitrates from Dave Gomberg years ago. I keep the water slightly acid and have reduced my photo period down to 8 hours until the tanks stablize. The slime appears to be weakening and so I feel hopeful.
Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com