Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:54:46 +0100
From: Stuart Halliday <stuart at mytriops_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Using Sulphate of Potash in my tank
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

I believe Stuart Halliday wrote this email section below:
> I believe Jerry Smith wrote this email section below:
>
>> I have read different values for the percent of Potassium in Potassium
>> Sulphate, and I don?t understand why there are differences, unless it is
>> the purity of the salt. I have checked my math several times and don?t
>> find a mistake. Potassium oxide is 83.01 percent Potassium by weight.
>
> Thanks Jerry that all good info!
>
> With a 15L tank I'd better be careful how much I add...

So by your formula

A 4 US gallon tank to raise K by 20mg/l

4*3.7854 * 20 = 302.832mg of K

302.832 /0.399 = 758mg of K2S04

Therefore 758mg added to a 15L tank weekly should be enough?

If I add 1g into a 1L of water and only pour in 750ml, that should be near
enough.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/