[APD] Otos and salt tolerance?

Anybody here know what kind of salt tolerance otocinclus have?  My friends have a 300 gallon tank with no plants, just 11 koi in it, that has a nice case of algae on the glass.  It is in a semi-passive solar house that lets in some direct sun though a row of big clerestory windows on the second floor.  Of course, if the .3% salt he maintains in the water won't kill them, the nishikigoi may think they are a nice fresh live snack.  Thanks.

Nick A

"You know what I wish?  I wish all the scum of the earth had but a single throat, and I had my hands about it."  Rorschach, 1975

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Be polite.  Be professional.  But be prepared to kill everyone you meet."  Anonymous

"I believe that if you can't find something nice to say about somebody, then you must be talking about Hillary Clinton."  Jeff Foxworthy