[APD] Crypts Melting

I recently replaced two of the five bulbs in my tank and now to my dismay
almost all of my crypts are melting away. (The crypt. balansae are the only
ones that are still unscathed at this point.) This wouldn't be quite so bad,
however, if it wasn't the case that about 3/4 of my aquarium is filled with
crypts. They seem to be melting somewhat slowly, with some plants melting
slower than others. I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to
mitigate the effects of the melting, or if there's anything that can be done
to speed the process up a bit. The tank is quickly becoming an eyesour, and
I think that it has also resulted in a minor outbreak of bba.

Amanda