I'm considering using a substrate called "topsoil" from Ace Hardware which
is part Pine fines, Hardwood fines, forest products and fly  ash.  This is a
dark material and very fine texture.  I'll then apply  a 2 inch layer of fine
sand or gravel to keep it in place.  Any problem  with the part called PINE
FINES?  I'm assuming it is a very finely ground  pine bark product since it comes
from Mississippi.  I just read something  about pine resins??

Larry B