Re: [APD] Black Brush Algae

For BBA if you are having just problems in spots, you can use a spot
treatment of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) at 3% strength (not the hair bleaching
stuff at 30%?).

I have a small pipette left over from a test kit and I use that to squirt
any BBA tuff I see.  Put the end right at the tuff and give it a squirt.   A
min later it will be bubbling away, some days later it goes white, red, then
dies off.  I put the H2O2 I'm going to use in a shot glass and don't' use
more than the glass, so I don't put much in at any one time.

500ml of the stuff costs around $2 cdn and the local pharmacy and it breaks
down into O2 and H2O so no leftover byproducts.  That's not to say it isn't
toxic to fish in high doses as it is an antiseptic, but in the spot
treatment it's very diluted.  I also use it to clean my filter equipment on
a full breakdown and cleaning, don't have to worry about rinsing.

Pete.