Re: [APD] Iron Aquascaping?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Wolf Scion wrote:

>> Iron Aquascaping
>
> I've been out of the hobby for awhile. Iron Aquascaping? What's that?
> I gather it's kinda like Iron Chef?

I wasn't aware we were doing Iron Aquascaper this year at the convention,
but... in 2006's San Francisco convention we pitted two teams, Aquarium
Design Group and Aqua Forest Aquarium, against each other in a realtime
competition to aquascape an ADA aquarium, with realtime play-by-play
narration courtesy of Jim Lockhart.  It was a lot of fun.  The whole
debacle is edited from three cameras and compressed for time on the AGA's
2006 Convention video (plug, plug) available to members via our website.

We're still getting details worked out with Mr. Amano, but the past two
conventions in which he was our guest, he did a live aquascaping demo,
narrating as he went (hey, also available for AGA members in DVD form :).

I suspect he'll probably do a demo, but it sure would be interesting
seeing him referee an Iron Aquascaper event!

   - Erik
     FORMER aga president... just doing auction and tech gear this year!

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com