[APD] 220V filter running on 110?

I was unpacking some old boxes and found a Duetto DJ150 submersible
filter. It's never been used, but it looks like a handy filter for a
small tank. I think it's rated for up to a 32 gallon tank.

Thing is, we got it in Germany, and now we're back Stateside. The
filter is 220 with a German plug. I can get an adapter for the plug,
but what's going to happen if I try to use it on US 110V current?
It's not dual voltage.

I'm thinking worst case, it just doesn't run. Next to worst case, it
runs at half its capacity.

What do you all think? It'd be a shame to let the filter go to waste.

Wolf