Re: [APD] How small is algae?

The problem with UV filters as I see it is it just kills the algae. Where
do all the little algea carcasses go? Nowhere, they rot in the water and in
theory of you turn the UV off, you'll get more algae. I want to mechanically
remove the algae.

I've used the diatom filter before to de-green smaller (20 gal) tanks and
digging up those old memories I think I had to use activated carbon power.

Time to dig out the coffee grinder and jar of carbon I guess.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net