Re: [APD] Painted backrounds

Jacques Gerber wrote:
> We're having mass rolling blackouts (called "load
> shedding:) here in South Africa because the idiots who run this country
> decided to not invest in the electricity infrastructure, and then got
> caught up short when electricity demand soared. Meanwhile we export
> electricity to Zimbabwe!

Shouldn't the users pay for it instead of the government? In a country
where business accounts for 80% of electricity usage, it would seem to
me to be a sneaky way of getting the public to finance their own capital
investments. Of course, if 80% or more of South Africa's tax revenue is
from taxes on business, then that's not the case.