Re: [APD] Fw: Zucchini and surface scum

I believe Matt Chapin wrote this email section below:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I've recently gotten a bristlenose pleco and man does he have an
> appetite!  Each day I put a piece of zucchini in the tank, using one of
> those suction-cup clips that holds it in the corner of the tank against
> the glass. Every day he devours it.

Wish mine did.
He never touches the stuff or Cucumber.
I wonder what he is eating.
Surely at 5" long he can't survive on algae and bogwood alone?

> My question is: I've noticed that it looks like there's oily scum on the
> surface of my tank water now.  It's clear, but I can tell it's there
> becase it traps the air bubbles that occasionally come out of my filter.
> (I bubble the CO2 into the filter intake.) It looks like a bunch of kids
> have been spitting in my tank!

Sounds like a bacteria bio-film developing.
Usually a more active surface will clear this up.

Any other animals in the tank?
Gouramis by any chance?

New tank?

--